IELTS stands for “International English Language Testing System” . It is the most popular and widely used English language test in the world. Non-native English language speakers used this proficiency for study, migration or work.
IELTS is accepted by over 10,000 institutions across 140 countries worldwide which include universities, schools, colleges, government departments, immigration authorities, etc.
TRF (Test Report Form) is also known as IELTS certificate which is provided to the candidate after 13 days of the test. The result is valid for 2 years from the date you took the test.
Test Report Form is issued to candidate with a band score between bands 0 to 9. You can also get .5 scores as well (Example: 6.5 or 7.5). Each Band score with key point and skill levels are denoted as follows:
|Band Score||Skill Level||Key point|
|Band 9||Expert user||Accurate|
|Band 8||Very good user||Uses complex language well|
|Band 7||Good user||Uses complex language quite|
|Band 6||Competent user||Some errors|
|Band 5||Modest user||Frequently errors|
|Band 4||Limited user||Frequently shows problems in understanding|
|Band 3||Extremely limited user||Frequent breakdowns in communication.|
|Band 2||Intermittent user||Difficulty in understanding spoken and written English|
|Band 1||Non-user||No ability|
|Band 0||Did not attempt the test||Did not answer|
IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training
There are 2 types of IELTS Preparation exam:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training.
Both tests have four sections: Listening, Speaking, Writing, and Reading. The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes only. They are similar in format but differ in Writing and Reading sections of the test.
This test is for those who are applying for higher education in universities or for those seeking for professional registration where English is the medium of instruction.
IELTS General Training
IELTS General Training test is for those who are applying to train or study at below degree level or for immigration and employment purpose.
Our aim at Cambridge Institute of Technology is to help our students achieve success in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Keeping this in mind, our trainers cater to the students’ needs by designing the curriculum and schedule in a way that suits the student’s individual requirements. The trainer first evaluates the students’ strengths and weaknesses, and then sketches an individualised study plan.
As a top IELTS coaching centre, we employ various productive strategies of IELTS coaching like Efficient Time Management, Mock Tests, Problem Solving and Strategy Sessions to give our students the best training they need.
Listed below are a few reasons why Cambridge Institute of Technology is a top IELTS coaching centre:
- Smaller batches ensure personal guidance, where our trainers provide intensive and focused classroom teaching.
- Each module of the class schedule will cover all the sections of the IELTS – Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
- Classes will be held two to four times a week with the provision of maximum flexibility in the schedule.
- Personal attention is given to each student in accordance to their problem areas in different modules.
- We provide ample listening practice from previous IELTS tests. Therefore, we can provide feedback to the students on their errors.
- Extensive speaking practice is provided using previous IELTS test questions covering all three sections.
- Study material, including sample papers of the previous IELTS tests along with CDs, are included in the course fee.
- Our faculty believes not only in tutoring, but also mentoring and guiding students to excel in the IELTS.
- Simulated tests are provided to offer our students the real experience of an IELTS examination.
- Comprehensive on-site library for language building is accessible. Our trainers build a complete learning environment for their students, which prepares them well and gives them the confidence they need.